Violet and I went to Portland to spend time with my sisters. Our first annual sister's weekend getaway. (No kids allowed - except for babies)
Violet's very first plane ride - and may I say she was UH-MAZING. she slept all the way from Phoenix to Oakland, and during our layover she woke up and got to hang out with grandma - who we got to fly with to Portland. She didn't cry ONCE.
Funny story, on the way to Oakland, I was feeding her under my nursing cover, and of course an old man sits right next to me. He talked to me the ENTIRE time, and had absolutely NO idea what I was doing. He kept asking me how I was keeping her so quiet, and what a good baby she was...and I just told him she was sleeping. It made me chuckle.
The first couple of days, we spent our time between becky's house and Jess's house. I got to FINALLY spend time with my nieces and nephew. Unfortanutaly I spaced it, and didn't get a picture of Violet with her Hatch cousins except for Bear - who was so sweet to her,
but I did get a picture with her and her Moyes cousins.
Can I just say that having older cousins is THE best. They entertained Violet all day long.
but I did get a picture with her and her Moyes cousins.
Can I just say that having older cousins is THE best. They entertained Violet all day long.
We finally drove out to
ROCKAWAY beach
and spent the rest of the weekend eating, shopping, and talking!
What more can sisters want??
WARNING: MAJOR PICTURE OVERLOAD
I couldn't pick just a few....
Violet's very first sight of sand and ocean
this is sooo my type of beach. Cold. My skin was not made for sun.
our adorable little cottage.
antique shopping
the lady that made it all happen
candy stop!
all bundled up
look at that smile
taking a picture with the birthday girl sooo hot.
got kicked out of the house...
I had such an amazing time with these girls who are such great examples to me.
They have taught me how to be a mom,
how to be a wife,
and how to be a sister.
Love you girls!


2 comments:
Is your title referring to the SNL skit?
Cute girls. I like cold beaches better too!
It sounds like you had a blast. I miss spending time with my sisters and my mom. I hope someday soon we will get to see all of you.
Post a Comment