I have waited my entire life to throw a birthday party for my own child. As soon as she was born I started thinking about what we could do for her first birthday party.
We decided on a
"Paris and Poodle" themed party.
It was seriously so fun. There were so many cute ideas online, and I think we might do this again when she is older and can have a lot more fun with it.
It was seriously so fun. There were so many cute ideas online, and I think we might do this again when she is older and can have a lot more fun with it.
I drew the bakery backdrop and the little signs and poodle for some fun pictures. The drawing is the size of our 8' x10' wall - It was huge. I did it in a hotel room while we were out of town a couple days before her birthday. Tanner kept her busy while i had everything spread out on the floor. It's a good thing the hotel had upgraded us to a suite that visit!
this was the first time Violet had eaten sweets. She didn't know quite what to do with this huge cake, but we helped her dig in. Tanner actually shoved my face in it as i was showing violet how to take a bite out of it. classic Tanner.
when she was all done eating the cake, she shoved the whole thing off her tray. She's the best.
I transformed the kitchen into a "bakery" and strung balloons across the entire kitchen during her nap. I think we blew up about 140 balloons. Tanner was a great help!
We actually left the balloons up till after Christmas. She just loved them so much! We still have a couple around the house that she tries to squeeze to death.
the table in the entry had all her monthly pictures set up in frames
It was a fantastic evening with family and friends. Thank you for her amazing presents, and believe it or not, she still plays with the toys almost a month later. The poor girl had an ear infection for her birthday, but she still partied hard and loved every minute of it!
mercĂ!

2 comments:
The perfect party. I love it. Great job!
Alli, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen! What a fabulous job you did on this! Your little girl is just adorable :)
Post a Comment