Wednesday, March 19, 2008

books, books, books



So i have become the BIGGEST book worm this year. i go to the library every monday to pick up new books that are being held for me... yes, embarrasing i know. anyway, out of the many books i have been reading this year, i just finished The Alchemist and also Into The Wild. For some reason, these two books have really made me think a lot about them far after i have finished them. The Alchemist was amazing, in almost a parable type of story that really makes me want to memorize every passage out of the book just so i can always remember what the story is all about. Following your true destiny and not letting anything get in your way in fulfilling your plan in life. I would highly recommend it if anyone hasn't read it yet. Also, Into The Wild was an amazing book. Besides the fact that some can argue that he was crazy or reckless, He looked at life in a way that is almost inspiring. I haven't seen the movie, but I have always Loved adventure, and maybe it's reading that satisfies that craving for adventure everyday. But I couldn't stop telling Tanner about the point of view that this chris Mccandless guy looked at life. A sad and terrible ending to his life so soon (as most people already knew before the book and movie from his true life story)i loved how he learned something from everybody he came into contact with, and was genuinely interested in anything anyone said.
If any of you haven't signed up for GoodReads.com yet, it is a must to keep up on books that everyone is reading or has read!

7 comments:

Greg and Bethanie said...

Hey Alli,

Remember the time you were from Afganistan on your profile...he he he!!! When are you and Tanner moving out here by us? I am pretty sure that is would so so so so fun to have you too live close to us! I know this has nothing to do with the book post, but that is A ok.

PS I will call you about the mop on Greg's head!

Anonymous said...

Alli! I am so proud of you for reading so much! It always makes me happy to see people reading. I seriously need to join the reading club thing.

I was thinking about you yesterday because I need to figure out some new hairstyles for myself. I want to keep it brown, but I'm getting bored with how long and straight it is. Any ideas?

AshandNate said...

Hey girl...I was just thinking of you the other day and that I just miss your Ginormous Smile. We for sure need to do lunch or something and I totally need my hair done again. A am thinking about cuttin 4 inches off....I know, I'm a rebel without a cause. I can hardly stand it myself. Love ya bunches. I'll call ya.

Muah, ash

Welcome to the wonderful world of addictive blogging:).

Castiel Moyes said...

That is really funny, Dustin just finished Into the Wild and was talking about it the same way.He said thae way the guy lived and the way he looked at things was really interesting. I asked him if I should read it but he didn't seem to like it that much. Maybe I will read it though. If you liked it that much.

galbraithfam said...

Don't feel like a dork, because Tuesday is my day to go to the library. And for your information, the librarian personally called me and told me to stop putting so many things on hold because it wasn't a 'rental' service. If that's not embarassing, I don't know what is, but thanks for the tips! Let me know if there are any other must reads out there!

Rachel U said...

alli! i really want to read the alchemiest or however you spell it. i have heard its good and since you say its good i am going to go get myself a copy! Into the Wild was a really good movie. rated r but i think it was worth it. i cried and it made me think a lot too after it was over. it also made me want to go camping and live off the land for a while...haha!

OurFamily said...

Hey there! I've been looking at your blog for awhile now and I thought it was time to let you know so I didn't feel like I was stalking you! Thanks for the book ideas... I've been wanting something new and good to read.