Monday, July 23, 2007






I feel like this month has been a tribute to Harry Potter. I feel like all I have done in the past couple of weeks has been Harry Harry Harry, with the movie out, and the book, best month EVER! Tanner actually volunteered to take me to the movie even though he despises Harry Potter (only because i have forced him to watch and memorize every movie.... for someone that hates it, he sure knows everything about it) Here is me going to the 5th movie. I turned tanner into this dog using transfiguration. Professor McGonagall taught me how. Please check out the glasses. I had kept them from the midnight release of the 6th book.... just waiting away for this month of pure bliss.






Now to the BEST PART. I guess it is a little bittersweet, knowing that this is the last of the series. I wasn't sure if i really wanted to read the book, becuase i was afraid of how i would feel with it all being over. But i finished this morning at 11:00am, after spending all day sunday reading.... i thank you tanner for letting me ignore you ALL DAY. and I am sorry for ignoring you ALL DAY. But now it is over tanner, you don't have to share me with Harry Potter.... execpt for when the movies come out. Let me tell all of you about our night at Barnes and Noble waiting for the book.

We headed over at about 10:00 to join in on the festivities at Barnes and Noble. HILARIOUS! we were actually lucky to get in, because about an hour later, there were hundreds of people outside becuase there were too many people inside. So you can imagine. I wish I had taken pictures of the best costumes, there were a couple of adorable little Harry Potters. I think the grown ups were the best though. A lady looked EXACTLY like Umbridge... wearing all pink and everything. Trawlany was really good, and there was this huge tall kid that was dressed like Hagrid... sorry mom, i think he was a little young for you... i checked. In the picture with me holding a little magical creature i made, i took the picture so you could see the kid behind me as Harry. What a dork! ahaha. jk, i wish i had an outfit like his. Not too many death eaters thank goodness.... SCARY! haha. They had all these fun trivia games, and crossword puzzles. Tanner and I got a polaroid of us inside this wanted wizard booth. I tried to take a picture of the polaroid, but it's kinda blurry. the face tanner is making is classic though. i wish you could see it. Any way, the night drove on, and everyone was getting more excited as midnight crept closer. Tanner left and got pink cookies, cause he couldn't handle the excitement.... actually because the crowd was driving him crazy. So he headed off to fry's and left me to wander through the people. One suggestion... since it was at Barnes and Noble with a starbucks inside... don't you think they should have served pumpkin juice and stuff like that? they have the recipe on mugglenet. please don't ask me how i know that. but I do! AS midnight was 10 minutes away. i realized that since i was letter T, and it was going to be FOREVER to get my book... we decided to just go to walmart since we already had all the fun at barnes and noble. i had to walk through the millions of dressed up muggles awaiting patiently outside to get into the bookstore, as i leave right before midnight. we went to walmart... and sadly we were the only people semi dressed up. BORING WALMART. But at least we got our book farely quickly. I read the first chapter and tanner made me come to bed. He read the last chapter and threatened to tell me what happens... so i had to finish the book FAST before anything slipped out from his mouth. He would have been avada kadavra-ed by my mad wand skills. I'm not going to say anything about the book, not even a thing cause that's how i wanted it. i didn't want to know if it was happy or sad, or even if it made someone cry becuase then it would put ideas into my head. so i won't even say a thing... unless you call me on the phone and want to chat..... JESS. Any way. that was my last midnight release of Harry Potter. Thank you tanner for putting a smile on your face and letting me be the incredible dork that i am.

2 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

I love the glasses. I wish I had had a pair. I was actually thinking about making a pair but I think that would have freaked out the girl I was going with.

Dallas and Krista said...

Now you just need to wait one more week for Eclipse to come out and then you can ignore tanner some more!