Thursday, January 13, 2011

ultraviolet

Tanner and I have had lots of fun coming up with nicknames for our little violet. Mostly we just call her Violet, Vi, or Baby Girl, but feel free to take your pick of any of these gems: purple, amethyst, blue-violet, bluish red, heliotrope, lavender, lilac, magenta, mauve, mulberry, orchid, periwinkle, perse, plum, pomegranate, reddish blue, violaceous... the synonyms are endless. Marisa came up with UltraViolet -and it made me laugh, because our lives have seriously become nothing but Ultraviolet. 

 I can't believe she is coming up on 4 weeks this monday. she has been such a good and happy baby.  time is already going by so fast, and sometimes i get teary when i realize how much too quickly she is changing and won't ever be a little newborn again. 




 she cracks me up because she refuses to have her little legs be tucked up underneath her with her bum in the air. she wants her legs sprawled out at all times - just like she was inside of me. so i have given up on those adorable poses and i just let her do her thing.


Here are a few recents before i go back to christmas time:

 

we've got our milk and cookies... Violet was very insistent we put these out. Santa must not have liked them very much because he didn't leave us any presents. 

our little bundle of joy pretty much sums it up.

4 comments:

jos said...

I love her! You can tell her eyes are big and beautiful like yours. Even though they are always closed. James and I still sit and stare at Ella all day and all through dinner...even when she sleeps and she is almost a year old. My birthday is December 19th so I feel a connection with another christmas baby :) She is also so skinny like Ella. It makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

ULTRAVIOLET!! Oh how I enjoy a good pun. Maybe I will nickname her one step further... UV. I hope you guys are providing her with UV protection.

Oh my gosh, I'm such a dork. Why are you friends with me? Glad you guys had a good Christmas!

miriam said...

I love all your nicknames for her. I love nicknames. That's one of my main deciding factor on a name if you can make great nicknames.

Funny about how she loves to have her legs sprawled out all the time and you noticed that in your belly. Calvin was breach until week 39 (I recall Violet was too, right?) and he is always been folded in half with his toes in his face position.

Miss Mary said...

She is so beautiful! I am so happy for you. What a wonderful early Christmas gift!